Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Christmas is just around the corner

Christmas is definitely just around the corner because:

1. My youngest has been bugging me for days to buy a Christmas tree (!) for their class in school and I could only afford a foot-long Christmas tree. Of course there had been debate to buy a more than foot-long Christmas tree, but only to find out that it wasn't a Christmas tree that his teacher requested but Christmas lights. Well, that still costed us P64.00.

2. While riding home with my kids and laughing about one scene in the movie "Inang Yaya" where the girl-bida is teased by her classmates for wearing "Skeechers," one old, bearded, American (yata) with the Santa Claus hat boarded our jeep. Of course the passengers had all eyes on him especially because he was talkative. But it was nice of him to have helped the other passengers unload their boxes. And never mind his "putok" which we smelled when he finally got off. He's Santa Claus, anyway.

3. One fisherman-neighbor of ours felt sad because his catch was low (about a kilo) while he had all the Hanging Amihan, in Subic Bay, to greet him while catching fish.

4. My youngest, 9 years old, asked me if he could hang his socks so Santa Claus does not forget to give him gifts. And I replied that yes, he could. "Kaya lang baka amagin ang medyas dahil matagal pa ang Pasko." Of course, he did not pay attention to what I said. Because Christmas is definitely just around the corner.

No comments: