Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Multiple Intelligence

May tao nga bang "tanga," as we usually term other people, especially kids. Find out and answer the Multiple Intelligence Index developed by Gardner.

Instruction: give the numerical score for the following statements as they apply to you:
4=always; 3=frequently; 2=sometimes; 1=seldom; 0=never

1. _____ I get more out of listening to the radio or to a word cassette than from films or television.
2. _____ Math and/ or Science were among my favorite subjects.
3. _____ I am sensitive to color.
4. _____ I like working with my hands with activities like sawing, carving, carpentry, weaving.
5. _____ I can carry a tune/ play a musical instrument.
6. _____ I am the sort of person that people come to for advice/ counsel at work or in my neighborhood.
7. _____ I have opinions that set me apart from the crowd.
8. _____ I enjoy entertaining myself/ others with tongue twisters, nonsense rhymes, or puns.
9. _____ I like to set up little "what if" experiments (for example: What if I doubled the amount of heat applied, would the substance evaporate quicker?).
10. ____ I generally find my way around unfamiliar territory.
11. ____ I use hand gestures/ other forms of body language when conversing with someone.
12. ____ I listen to music on the radio, record, tapes and know tunes of many different musical instrument.
13. ____ I prefer group sports like volleyball/ basketball to solo sports like swimming/ jogging.
14. ____ I have a special hobby or interest that I keep pretty much to myself.
15. ____ In school, English social studies and history were easier for me than Math and Science.
16. ____ My mind searches for patterns, regularities or logical sequences in things.
17. ____ I like to draw or doodle.
18. ____ I need to touch things to learn more about them.
19. ____ I catch myself with a tune or jingle running through my head.
20. ____ I enjoy the challenge of teaching another person or group what I know.
21. ____ I think and reflect on my goals in life.
22. ____ On the road, I pay attention to workds on billboards than to the scenery.
23. ____ I think in clear, abstract, wordless, imageless concepts.
24. ____ I can imagine how something might appear from a bird's eye view.
25. ____ I enjoy daredevil amusement rides/ tasks that challenge my physical side.
26. ____ If I hear a musical selection once or twice, I can sing it back accurately.
27. ____ I consider myself a leader ( or others have called me this).
28. ____ My view of my personal strengths and weaknesses is borne out by feedback from other sources.
29. ____ My conversation includes frequent references to things I've read or heard.
30. ____ I prefer that things are measured, analyzed, quantified in some way.
31. ____ I prefer reading material that is heavily illustrated.
32. ____ I could describe myself as well coordinated.
33. ____ I like to listen to music when I'm working, studying, or learning something new.
34. ____ I like to get involved in social activities connected with my work, church, community.
35. ____ I meditate/ reflect on my inner life.

SCORING
Instruction: Transfer your scores below.
Lin - Linguistics Mus - Music
Logma - Logical/ Mathematical Inter - Interrelationship
Spa - Spatial Intra - Intrarelationship
Bodkin - Body Kinetics

Lin Logma Spa Bodkin Mus Inter Intra

1. ____ 2. ____ 3. ____ 4. ____ 5. ____ 6. ____ 7. ____
8. ____ 9. ____ 10. ____ 11. ____ 12. ____ 13. ____ 14. ____
15.____ 16. ____ 17. ____ 18. ____ 19. ____ 20. ____ 21. ____
22.____ 23. ____ 24.____ 25. ____ 26. ____ 27. ____ 28. ____
29. ____ 30. ____ 31. ____ 32. ____ 33. ____ 34. ____ 35. ____

Interpretation:
The highest score reflect where one is most intelligent at. The lowest score reflect where one is most good at. The assumption of this Index, however, is that everybody has some form of intelligence and that nobody is "not intelligent." And because there is no zero intelligence then let's start at what level we are and improve from there.
So before blurting out that "tanga" word, think again about this index. In fact more types of intelligence is being discovered.

No comments: